The Classification page lists all resources that have been tagged.
Resources are displayed in the Classifications page if their score falls within the range defined in Scan Setup. The default score range is 40 to 70. If a resource falls in this range, it is also tagged.
If the score is below the minimum value (default 40), the tag is ignored and not applied to the resource.
To view the classifications, expand the Data Inventory menu and click Classification.
Export Classifications by Scan ID
To export the classifications from a particular scan ID, click Export for that scan ID and follow the leading prompts.
The following are search filters available for viewing classifications:
- Partial or Exact Match: Select the type of match you want to filter the resource data.
- Search by Input resource: This search filter allows you to view the result of resource.
- Date Filter: You can sort and filter the resource data by Resource Create Time, Classification time, or Turn Off time. You can specify a date range, which is 7 days by default.
- Search by Application: View by application name.
- Search by Datazone: View by datazone.
- Search by Tags: View by tags.
- Search by Input ScanID: View by scan ID.
- Query Filters: Apply conditional filters and view the result. For details on how to use the Query Filters, see Reports with the Query Builder.
More Filter: This lists additional available filters. As you edit the search filters, the results are dynamically updated to match.
- Group Tables: View the higher level classification for tables.
- Group Folders: View the higher level classification for folders.
- Search by Location: View the result by location (database/table name) of the resource. Additionally, you can search by HDFS location for Hive tables.
- System Classified: View the result where tag is marked as system-classified.
- Show Allowed: View the result where tag is marked as show allowed.
- Deleted: View the result that have been deleted.
- Reviewed: View the result that has been reviewed.
Add and Edit Resource
To add or update a resource:
In the Classification page, click the +Add / Edit.
The Update Resource dialog is displayed.
Add or modify the Tags.
You can add tags in bulk when you add/edit the tags for a resource.
The resource is updated.
Columns in the Classification Grid
The following are the columns in the classification grid. Structured data shows all meta-tags including table-level/file-level applied on the structured data columns along with their content and meta-tags. This helps to view all the parent tags that were distributed to the children classifications.
- Datazone: Name of datazone.
- Application: Name of application.
- Resource: Name of resource. When you click on the resource, you will navigate to the Resource Detail page. This page is divided into three tabs such as Tag Details, Alerts Details, and Lineage along with their count of records in each tab.
- Updated On: Date and time of of last update.
Tag: A list of tags associated with the particular resource. Clicking on the tag name displays the detail information related to the tag. The following are the columns under the Data Info grid:
- Field Name: This will show the full file location of the field.
- Sample Values
- Status: Accepted, Rejected, and Allowed.
- Status Change Reason
To manually accept or reject a system-classified tag:
In the Classification main page, click any Tag or Resource under the respective columns. (This example uses the Tag column.)
The Data Info dialog is displayed.
Under the Status column, there are three options: Accepted, Rejected, Allowed.
- If the tag is marked Accepted, the resource and tag are under the Classification tab.
- If the tag is marked Rejected, the resource and tag are under Show Rejected.
- If the tag is marked Allowed, the resource and tag are under Show Allowed.
Set the status of tag as Accepted, Rejected, or Allowed.
Add a reason and click Save.
The resource is updated.
Similarly, you can set the status of the tags that are system-classified with pending review.
View Rejected Tags
To view rejected tags:
On the Privacera home page, on the left, navigate to Data Inventory > Review.
Under More Filter, select the Show Rejected checkbox.
The review page displays tags marked as Rejected.
Tags Bulk Update
You can add new tags and do a bulk update for the resource directly from the Classification page.
In the Classification page, click the Resource for which you want to add a tag (for example, an HDFS resource).
The Resource Detail page is displayed.
Click + next to the keyword to which you want to add additional tags.
In the Update Resource page, add the tags to the Resource and click Save.
The tags are added to the resource.
If you have added multiple tags, you can do a Bulk Update of the tags that you have added to the various columns.
Click Bulk Update.
Answer the prompts to Accept/Reject/Allow the tags and add a reason if required.
Click Save or Close to cancel adding.